Commercial flying has definite advantages, and if you become a licensed commercial pilot, your job options are virtually endless in the aviation sector. Aside from the financial rewards, the best aspect of having this specialised expertise is that you get to go to other locations, meet new people, and participate in a wide range of experiences.
To become a professional commercial pilot in Australia, you must obtain a CASA pilot licence. This article will discuss this in the sections, Employment Opportunities for Pilots.
Here are some of the fascinating job choices in aviation you can pursue as a commercial pilot:
- Airline Pilot
- Business/Corporate Aviation Pilot
- Medical Pilot
- Cargo Pilot
- Agriculture Pilot
- Charter Pilot
You can enrol in the integrated 200-hour CASA-approved CPL (Aeroplane) Training Course, which combines theory and practical flying training. It can facilitate your rapid CASA pilot licence acquisition.
Why Is A Commercial Pilot License Important?
A CPL entitles you to operate an aircraft for private and commercial reasons per the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations. You must have a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) to be eligible for further pilot licences, such as the air transport pilot licence (ATPL) or military flight crew and overseas operations.
A CPL also permits you to fly a specific category of aircraft. Before obtaining a CPL, you should apply for at least one of the following aircraft category ratings: powered-lift aircraft, gyroplanes, airships, aeroplanes, and helicopters.
Requirements to Obtain a CPL
To be able to get a CPL, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Age requirement of at least 18 years
- A private pilot’s licence (PPL)
- Proficiency in English to a certain extent
- Class 1 medical certificate after passing the necessary medical examinations
You must be 18 years old to obtain a commercial pilot licence and complete both integrated and non-integrated curricula. For the aeroplane category rating, the integrated course requires 150 hours of flying, whereas the non-integrated course requires 200 hours.
You must obtain a commercial pilot licence to start flying for a living. With this licence, you can work as a paid professional pilot.
How to Get a CPL?
Passing the commercial pilot licence exam is the first step towards starting your career as a commercial pilot. Take the following actions to achieve a CPL for the chosen aircraft category rating:
- To study the theory, enrol in commercial pilot licence courses and participate in training sessions with an authorised aircraft flight instruction provider.
- Take the general English language test, such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), to gauge your level of English ability.
- Take the CPL theory tests and pass them.
- Obtain the minimal flying experience needed for your chosen category, class, and type rating.
- Pass the required CPL flight examination according to the Manual of Standards (MOS).
Take an aviation training course if you have always desired to work as a commercial pilot, as it will help you obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) more quickly. Your training and command development will provide you with the knowledge and experience required to offer your services as a professional pilot to an employer. Start preparing today.