Two weeks after launching its superb Galaxy S23 line, Samsung is back in the news—but for the wrong reasons.
Despite no physical damage being done to the aforementioned Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 devices, a few of users have complained that cracks have started to emerge down the middle of their foldable displays. Even worse, consumers are often forced to buy a brand-new device because the damage appears to be happening in most cases after the Z Fold 3’s warranty has run out. For More Mobile Phone News at premobiles.com.
Phone Arena(opens in new tab), which received an email from a reader whose Z Fold 3 experienced a broken screen for no obvious reason, broke the troubling news first. Numerous Reddit(opens in new tab) users assert to have encountered the same problem as well, with many of them offering incriminating photographs as evidence of the Z Fold 3’s screen-based flaws.
A Z Fold 3 bug? Here are the next steps:
There are a few actions you may take to attempt and fix the problem if you wake up to discover an unexplainable crack in your own Z Fold 3.
You can obviously request a replacement through Samsung’s one-year guarantee if you bought the item less than a year ago (though, as mentioned, these cracks seem to be appearing shortly after that warranty period has elapsed).
You’ll need to escalate the situation if, like the majority of impacted consumers, your crack shows longer than a year after purchase. To file a formal complaint, US citizens must visit Samsung’s dedicated Contact Us page(opens in new tab), where they should address their concerns to a senior Samsung executive and upload supporting documentation.
For those who are elsewhere, a section titled “Email CEO” can be found at the very bottom of the Samsung website(opens in new tab). The same complaints form that US citizens can use to get in touch with Samsung’s senior management can be reached by clicking this.
If going down that formal method doesn’t result in a resolution, ranting about the issue on social media sites like Twitter while tagging Samsung’s support accounts may persuade the corporation to get in touch with you directly to assist in resolving the problem. But before using this strategy, we’d advise giving it a few weeks.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is a foldable smartphone released by Samsung in August 2021. It features a 7.6-inch foldable AMOLED display with a resolution of 2208 x 1768 pixels when unfolded, and a 6.2-inch cover display with a resolution of 2268 x 832 pixels when folded. The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor and comes with 12GB of RAM and either 256GB or 512GB of internal storage.
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 also includes a triple-camera setup with a 12MP wide, 12MP ultrawide, and 12MP telephoto lens, as well as a 16MP under-display camera on the main screen and a 10MP front-facing camera on the cover display.
Other notable features include support for the S Pen, 5G connectivity, wireless charging, and a 4400mAh battery. The phone runs on Samsung’s One UI 3.1.1 based on Android 11 and is available in Phantom Black and Phantom Silver color options.
Cracked Z Fold 3?
If you have a cracked Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, here are some steps you can take:
- Assess the damage: Check to see how severe the damage is. Is the crack on the cover screen or the foldable screen? Is the crack minor or extensive? This will help you determine the next steps to take.
- Back up your data: If the damage is extensive, it’s a good idea to back up your data before taking any further action. This can be done through Samsung’s Smart Switch app, which allows you to transfer data from your phone to a computer or another device.
- Contact Samsung or your carrier: If your phone is still under warranty, you may be able to get it repaired or replaced for free. Contact Samsung or your carrier to see what options are available to you.
- Consider a third-party repair shop: If your phone is not under warranty, or if the cost of repair is too high, you may want to consider taking it to a third-party repair shop. Make sure to research the reputation of the shop and read reviews before choosing one.
- Purchase a replacement screen: If the damage is minor, you may be able to purchase a replacement screen and replace it yourself. However, this can be a difficult and delicate process, so only attempt it if you are confident in your ability to do so.
Overall, dealing with a cracked Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 can be a stressful experience, but there are options available to help you get your phone back to working order.